Great to use for overripe bananas – different to banana bread/muffins/smoothies
- 8-9 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Oil for frying
- Mash bananas into pulp (I used a potato masher).
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Your batter should be thick.
- Heat oil (about 2-inches deep) in wok or deep pan using medium heat.
- Use a large spoon to scoop and drop the batter into the hot oil. Hold the spoon low and close to the oil, so you don’t get a nasty splatter.
- Fry a few at a time until golden brown. Don’t put too many in the oil at once because the oil temperature will drop too much and the dough will absorb oil and turn soggy.
- Repeat until batter is finished.
Variation: For one person, I used 2 bananas and around 1/4 cup flour. Instead of making several ‘dumplings’ I made two pancake-shaped layers, spread nutella inbetween and topped it with a yoghurt-honey mixture.